Polkaudio legend Series L100BK
Sound so big, you’ll wonder ‘where is the rest of the speaker?’ With its 1” tweeter and a 5.25” woofer, your significant other won’t mind the size and you won’t sacrifice any sound quality. There’s no going back to traditional bookshelf speakers after you hear the L100’s. New Polk technologies like the High Definition Pinnacle Tweeter, Turbine cone, and enhanced Power Port will give you an uncompromised listening experience. Polk Legend bookshelf speakers deliver deep effortless bass, amazingly smooth and detailed mid-range and ultra-clear imaging. The L100 is the little bookshelf that competes with speakers twice its price.
Polk’s goal since its founding has been to build great loudspeakers that virtually transforms the listener’s room into the scene of the recorded performance. To meet this challenge, Polk engineers and designers must constantly innovate and agonize over every detail. Nothing is left to chance and nothing unnecessary is ever added. The results are best-in-class loudspeakers that outperform their competition for half the price, earning numerous awards, patents, and most importantly Polk speaker owners that swear by the brand. Don’t take our word for it – go listen and you’ll believe.
- Drawing from more than 45 years’ experience in developing loudspeakers, the Legend Series defines the next generation of Polk.
- Legend standmounts reveal every detail from the delicate finger taps on a guitar’s fretboard to the deep bass of an orchestra’s kettle drum.
- The L100 delivers power without sacrificing detail and fidelity—perfect for stereo listening or as a front stage in any home theater setup.
- The L100 features a newly designed high resolution 1” Pinnacle ring radiator tweeter and 5.25” Turbine Cone mid/bass driver with Enhanced Power Port.
- 1″ Pinnacle Ring Radiator Tweeter: The Polk Legend Series L100 bookshelf loudspeaker features a new 1″ high definition Pinnacle ring radiator tweeter. Developed by Polk Audio, it delivers ultra-clear, crisp highs without unwanted coloration or distortions. The Pinnacle tweeter features a finely tuned waveguide that dramatically improves the dispersion of high frequency energy ensuring a broad “sweet spot” and while the critically damped rear-chamber helps to defeat any unwanted resonances. Hi-Res certified, the Pinnacle Tweeter is designed for today’s two-channel music listening as well as multichannel 3D audio found in music, movies, sports, and video games soundtracks.
- 5.25″ Turbine Cone Woofer: The L100 bookshelf loudspeaker houses a single 5.25″ Turbine Cone woofer to handle midrange, midbass, and bass frequencies. Polk developed the new Turbine cone specifically for the Legend series to ensure the natural reproduction of the mid-range, the frequencies our ears are so sensitive to. The Turbine cone combines Polk’s proprietary foam core and the molded Turbine geometry which dramatically increases stiffness and damping, without adding mass – resulting in a smooth, detailed midrange and effortless bass.
- Enhanced Power Port: Traditional bass ports make noise (chuff) and mask the low frequency bass notes you want to hear. The new enhanced Power Port design smoothly transitions air flow from the speaker into your listening area for louder, cleaner bass while minimizing turbulence, distortion, and port noise. Polk engineers worked tirelessly, fine-tuning the Enhanced Power Port to smoothly transition airflow from the speaker. You get what your music and soundtracks demand – tighter, louder and cleaner bass that can be heard and felt. The L100 features one rear-firing Enhanced Power Port.
- Real Wood Cabinets: The Polk Legend Series utilizes real wood speaker cabinets that are internally braced and carefully engineered to minimize unwanted internal standing waves and eliminate unwanted resonances. The result is a cabinet that rigidly holds the drivers while faithfully reproducing movie and music soundtracks. The real wood cabinet is available in a black or walnut finish.
- Magnetic Grille: The Polk L100 includes an anti-diffraction magnetic grille for unaltered sound. The integrated magnets make it easy to attach and remove the grille from the bookshelf loudspeaker.
- Binging Post Terminals: The Polk Legend Series L100 bookshelf loudspeaker is equipped with a set of binding-post terminals that will accept bare wire (16-10AWG), pin-connectors, spade-lugs, and banana-plugs (single only).
- Mounting & Placement Options: The Polk Legend Series L100 can simply be placed on a stand (sold separately – see Accessories Tab), shelf, tabletop, or other stable flat surface. The L100 bookshelf loudspeaker can be used as front and/or rear speakers in a home theater application, or as a stereo pair in a dedicated 2ch system setup.
- Legend Series: The Legend Series is a cumulation of more than 45 years of speaker innovation and research by Polk. The Legend Series by Polk delivers exceptional imaging, incredible detail, and impactful bass response for stereo and home theater applications. The Legend Series features Polk’s new Pinnacle tweeter, Turbine cone, Enhanced Power Port design, and SDA-PRO technology (L800 model only). Polk’s Legend Series consists of two floorstanding loudspeakers (L600 / L800), two bookshelf loudspeakers (L100 / L200), a center-channel loudspeaker (L400), and a height speaker module (L900) – all sold separately.
- Warranty Information: The Polk Legend Series loudspeakers are covered by a best-in-class 5-year limited warranty. When you register your product on the Polk Audio website, you’ll receive a free, non-transferable, 5-year warranty extension.
- Optional Power Subwoofer: Add one of Polk’s powered subwoofers (sold separately – see Accessories Tab) for bigger, deeper, and more impactful bass when listening to your favorite movie and music soundtracks.
Tweeter: 1″ Ring Radiator
Woofers : –
Frequency Response (-3dB limits): 57Hz-38kHz
Overall Frequency Response: 43Hz-50kHz
Steady State Recommended: 30-160W
Recommended Amplifier Power: 70W
2.83V Sensitivity: [email protected]
Impedance: 4 (3.0 min.)
Tweeter/Mid-range Crossover Frequency: 2.9kHz
Mid-range/Mid-bass Crossover Frequency: –
Dimensions W x H x D (in / mm): 7.78 x 13.64 x 11.29 in
197.5 x 346.4 x 286.8 mm
Product Weight (each) (lbs / kg): 16.9 lbs / 7.65 kg
Shipping Weight (lbs / kg): 37.6 lbs / 17.05 kg
Mid-range Enclosure Type: –
Woofer Enclosure Type: Power Port
Available Finishes: Brown Walnut / Black Ash